By completing the aged care course with Auctus which we run in multiple locations across Adelaide, you’ll be better equipped and have increased chances of employment. We don’t just provide you with a certificate at the end of the course but with the confidence to put your new learnt skills in place.
Our industry experts connect you with the latest approaches to be the best in the industry, this together with our extensive placement and industry network makes a job outcome almost a certainty after the completion of the aged care course. Let Auctus take care of your skill development care for you so you can learn how to care for others.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
SA residents may be eligible for Government subsidised training (see below)
Join us at -
Payneham - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday
Aged Care Course Outline
Auctus’ students are better equipped and have increased chances of employment. We prepare our students by offering specific manual handing and personal care workshops.
Auctus endeavours to embed practical learning in every session. We also include a unique partner program to empower students in their workplace by teaching resilience techniques, effective communication skills and knowledge to support wellbeing in order to create a solid foundation to be the ultimate employee.
Our classes are all about building your skills with practical assessment built into almost every class. We want to make your learning with us memorable and enjoyable. Auctus understands the different learner types and whether you be a theoretical or practical learner we strive to suit both with our approach
Auctus is committed to your success and as a way of honouring that promise we offer each student assistance along your entire journey with us ………. even 12 weeks after your completion date!!!
We take the worry out of seeking your own placement as Auctus is partnered with many providers across all areas of the care industry. We can offer you the opportunity to really discover which area best suits you and in which you can flourish and build on your career.
16 weeks (2 days per week, 9.30am - 3.00pm)
Day classes - Tuesday/Wednesday OR Thursday/Friday
Evening classes (2 days per week, 4.30pm - 9.00pm)
Evening classes - Monday/Tuesday
Certificate III in Aged Care vs Certificate III Individual Support (Ageing)
In 2015, Certificate III in Aged Care CHC30212 was replaced by Certificate III in Individual Support CHC33015 (Ageing Specialisation).
For those who wish to complete the aged care course to build a career in the aged care industry
, Certificate lll in Individual Support can be a spring board to the some of the following:
- residential support worker
- community support worker
- day service worker
- case worker
- home care assistant
- consumer liaison officer
Units of Competency
To receive the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification the student must satisfactorily complete 13 units of competency, of which 7 are core plus 6 elective units.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours per specialisation of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
Fees and payment options
Auctus offers subsidised CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged care and Disability courses) for eligible candidates. Please check your eligibility for the SA Government funded courses here.
JobTrainer concession is now also available for this course. To access JobTrainer, you must be:
- Between 16 - 24 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school OR
- Not currently employed OR
- A prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution
For further information regarding JobTrainer, please head to the Skills SA website.
If you also hold a current Commonwealth Government concession card, you are eligible for the concession rate of $175.
- Health Care Card OR
- Pensioner Concession Card OR
- Veteran Affairs Concession Card
- Full Fee for Service price is $3,950.
- Subsidised training is available for South Australian residents. Cost is $199.
- If you hold a current concession card, the cost is $175.
- If you are eligible for the JobTrainer concession, the fee is reduced to $175.